As you are aware, the UK is experiencing a significant rise in people infected by Covid 19. The Government, as part of its process to support the NHS and vulnerable people, has announced that …
‘Schools, colleges and early years settings will be closed to everyone except children of key workers and vulnerable children from Monday, as part of the country’s ongoing response to coronavirus’.
This means that our school is now ‘closed until further notice’. At this point we do not know if we will be able to open our school for the summer term. We will keep you informed of all new developments. Please keep an eye on our website.
What does this mean for us?
The school may be closed, but our teachers and administrators are still working.
- Lower School class teachers are preparing and sending work to parents for students to complete at home.
- Upper School teachers are preparing lessons and supporting students online. We are very fortunate in that our students are able to do NZCSE Learning Outcomes in this manner. New Zealand has also been very supportive.
- Kindergarten teachers are sending out resources for home education to parents and are available to give advice via email where needed.
- Our administrators are preparing budgets, updating systems and will soon be able to send out our new financial agreements. We are also looking at how we can continue to support our staff and parents through this strange time.
- We are continuing to look at ways to best support our teachers as they provide our education online, to ensure our pupils receive the best possible resources, and parents feel supported in delivering the material provided.
Do I have to continue paying school fees?
The short answer is yes. We are committed to paying our teachers and administrators and keeping the school alive. We are dependent on parents honouring their contracts. If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact Julie (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
I am a ‘Key Worker’ - What should I do?
What is a key worker? In essence, a key worker is a public sector worker who provides a key service that is helping deal with Covid 19. There is a good description at the following site: https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/who-classed-key-worker-uk-3962916 .
If you are a key worker that needs childcare, please contact Emma email@example.com . We would like to find a way to support you. This might mean connecting you to settings where childcare is provided.
In any crisis there are always ‘silver linings’. I have seen how our small community has bonded together in support of each other. People are shopping for those who self-isolating and teachers are working together, albeit it remotely. Spirits are high.
Thank you to all of you for keeping your eye on the horizon! We will get there.
With best regards,